Leap Motion Unboxing
On a whim, I signed up for the Leap Motion developer program a few weeks ago, hoping to score a free Leap Controller to toy around with.
I’d nearly forgotten about it until this showed up in the mail!
A few ideas I’m considering building:
- ImageJ plugin to zoom in/out, pan and rotate 3D images
- Goofy head tracking: have the Leap track a pencil taped to glasses
- Lie detector. “Raise your right hand to the Leap. Do you swear to tell the truth…”
- Proximity detector to wake your computer screen as soon as you sit down
- Hands free mouse. Especially useful for looking up stuff in lab without taking off my gloves. Or while cooking. Or while performing open-heart surgery.
- Gesture-controlled RaspberryPi jukebox.
More to come.